Effective Date: November 12, 2020
8547 E. Arapahoe Rd. J125
Greenwood Village, CO 80112
Types of Personal Information StarterNoise Collects
Personal Information is information that can be used to identify, locate and contact an individual or company. It includes other information that may be associated with Personal Information. StarterNoise collects the following types of Personal Information:
- Contact information that allows its staff to communicate with you, such as your name, postal addresses, email addresses, social media website user account names, telephone numbers, or other addresses at which you receive communications from or on behalf of StarterNoise.
- Relationship information that helps its technology understand who you are and how to match you with Clients/Freelancers.
How StarterNoise Collects Personal Information
You might be asked for Personal Information when you register, subscribe, create an account and otherwise interact with the Services or contact StarterNoise. For example, you might be required to provide contact information or relationship information to register for certain services.
It collects transaction information if you contact StarterNoise via telephone, email, text, postal mail, social media interaction, and other methods of communication, such as for customer support.
StarterNoise also collects Personal Information when an individual fills out an application to be included in the annual StarterNoise Startup Of The Year Awards. You always have the option to not provide requested information, but failure to provide necessary information may limit your ability to fully access or submit your Application. When you register or provide information on the Application in any way, you agree to provide only true, accurate, current, and complete information.
If you use a social media platform, a mobile device or other third-party method of communication to interact with StarterNoise or the Services, that platform might have a specific privacy statement that governs the use of personal information related to that platform. If you have questions about the security and privacy settings of your mobile device, please refer to instructions from your mobile service provider or the manufacturer of your device to learn how to adjust your settings.
From time to time, we might obtain additional personal information from third parties. For example, StarterNoise might collect personal information from third parties to enhance other information it has about you, to better understand you, and to otherwise enhance your Services.
How StarterNoise Uses Personal Information
StarterNoise uses Personal Information to:
- Operate and improve Services;
- Provide user support;
- Fulfill requests for StarterNoise services;
- Communicate and provide additional information that may be of interest to you about StarterNoise and business partners, such as StarterNoise news, special offers and deals, announcements, and marketing materials;
- Send you reminders, technical notices, updates, security alerts and support and administrative messages service bulletins, or marketing;
- Provide advertisements to you through the Services, third-party sites, email messages, text messages, applications, or other methods of communication;
- Administer surveys, sweepstakes, contests, or other promotional activities or events sponsored by us or our partners;
- Create user profiles that may contain inferences about users such as age range, gender, and interests;
- Allow you to apply for a job, post a video or sign up for special offers from third parties through the Services;
- Carry out other purposes that are disclosed to you and to which you consent.
When and Why StarterNoise Discloses Personal Information
StarterNoise may share your Personal Information as required or permitted by law as described below:
- With affiliated companies (e.g., subsidiaries and other companies owned by or controlled by StarterNoise) who may only use the Personal Information for the purposes described in Section 3 above;
- With service providers that provide services to assist in carrying out the purposes described in Section 3 above such as sending emails on its behalf, processing payments, and facilitating offers. StarterNoise’ service providers are bound by law or contract to protect personal information and are allowed to use the personal information only in accordance with the terms of our service agreements with them;
- StarterNoise business partners or advertisers, as part of an offer, contest, or other activity that is provided by or in conjunction with StarterNoise and its business partners and in which you have elected to participate. For example, if you are referred to StarterNoise from a business partner’s website or through an invitation facilitated by or in conjunction with a StarterNoise business partner, StarterNoise may provide that business partner with contact and transactional information to validate the referral and to support the terms of the relationship between StarterNoise and the business partner, which may allow such business partner to contact you directly and to advertise to you;
- To effect a merger, acquisition, or otherwise; to support the sale or transfer of business assets; to enforce StarterNoise’ rights and protect its property; to protect the rights, property or safety of others, investigate fraud, respond to a government request; or as needed to support auditing, compliance, and corporate governance functions. It may also disclose personal information to defend in litigation or a regulatory action, and when required or advised to do so by law, such as in response to a subpoena, or similar legal process, including to law enforcement agencies, regulators, and courts in the United States and other countries where it operates. If StarterNoise is involved in a merger, acquisition, or sale of all or a portion of its assets, you will be notified via email and/or prominent notice on one or more of its Services of any change in ownership or uses of your Personal Information, as well as any choices you may have regarding your Personal Information; or
- Otherwise with your consent.
- We may also disclose information about you that is not personally identifiable. For example, we may provide our merchants, business partners, or other third parties with reports that contain aggregated and statistical data about our users.
Cookies and Related Technologies
The information from cookies and related technology is stored in web server logs and also in web cookies kept on your computers or mobile devices, which are then transmitted back to StarterNoise’ Services by your computers and mobile devices. These servers are operated and the cookies managed by StarterNoise, its business partners or its service providers.
When you access Services, StarterNoise and our service providers may place cookies on your computers or mobile devices. These cookies may include means for tracking your transaction information with a Client/Freelancer and may include tracking technology from third-party affiliate-network operators like LinkShare and Commission Junction. Cookies allow us to recognize you when you return, and track and target your interests in order to provide a customized experience. They also help us provide a customized experience and help us to detect certain kinds of fraud. A cookie is a small amount of information that a web server sends to your browser that stores information about your account, your preferences, and your use of the Services. Some cookies contain serial numbers that allow StarterNoise to connect your activity with the Services with other information it stores about you in your profile or as related to your other interactions with the Services.
Some cookies are temporary, whereas others may be configured to last longer. Session cookies are temporary cookies used for various reasons, such as to manage pageviews. Your browser usually erases Session cookies once you exit your browser. Persistent cookies are more permanent cookies that are stored on your computers and mobile devices even beyond when you exit your browser. Persistent cookies are used for a number of purposes, such as retrieving certain information you have previously provided (such as your user id if you asked to be remembered), and storing your preferences.
Pixel tags and web beacons are tiny graphic images placed on website pages or in emails that allow StarterNoise to determine whether you have performed specific actions. When you access these pages or open email messages, the pixel tags and web beacons generate a notice of that action. These tools allow StarterNoise to measure response to its communications and improve its web pages and promotions.
Many types of information are collected from cookies and other technologies:
- Your operating system type
- Mobile device model
- Browser type, domain and other system settings
- Language your system uses
- Country and time zone of your device
- Internet Protocol (IP) addresses of devices you use to interact with the Services
- Information about the website you visited before you came to StarterNoise and the website you visit after you leave its Services
- In many cases, the information collected using cookies and other tools is used in non-identifiable ways, without any reference to personal information.
We think that you benefit from a more personalized experience when we know more about you and the kinds of deals you like. However, you can limit the information you provide to StarterNoise, and you can limit the communications that StarterNoise sends to you.
Email and Subscriptions
You can manage your email preferences by:
You may manage how your browser handles cookies and related technologies by adjusting your privacy and security settings. Refer to instructions related to your browser to learn about cookie-related and other privacy and security settings. Please note that if you disable cookies, you may be unable to access some customized features of StarterNoise and other websites. You can opt-out of being targeted by certain third party advertising companies online at www.networkadvertising.org/consumer/opt_out.asp.
Connecting through Social Networks
Updating and Correcting Your Personal Information
Keeping personal information about you current ensures you connect with the most relevant StarterNoise Clients and Freelancers. Access, update and delete your contact information and the other information you provided to use in your profile by.
To close your account,
We will retain your information for as long as your account is active or as needed to provide you services. If you wish to cancel your account or request that we no longer use your information to provide you services,. In response, we will cancel or remove your information but may retain and use copies of your information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
Security of Personal Information
StarterNoise follows the highest standards to protect the your personal information. The system is regularly monitored for vulnerabilities and attacks, and a tier-one secured-access data center is used. No method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is one hundred percent secure. For this reason, there is no guarantee that information may not be accessed, disclosed, altered, and destroyed by breach of any physical, technical, or managerial safeguards. If you have questions about security practices, please Contact Us.
Privacy Practices of Third Parties
StarterNoise does not intend that any portion of the Services will be accessed or used by children under the age of 18, and such use is prohibited. The Services are designed and intended for adults. By using the Services, you represent that you are at least 18 years old and understand that you must be at least 18 years old to create an account and purchase the goods and services advertised through the Services. StarterNoise will promptly delete information associated with any account for which the registered user associated with the account is not at least 18 years old.
California Privacy Rights
Pursuant to Section 1798.83 of the California Civil Code, residents of California can obtain certain information about the types of personal information that companies with whom they have an established business relationship have shared with third parties for direct marketing purposes during the preceding calendar year. In particular, the law provides that companies must inform consumers about the categories of personal information that have been shared with third parties, the names and addresses of those third parties, and examples of the types of services or products marketed by those third parties. To request a copy of the information disclosure provided by StarterNoise pursuant to Section 1798.83 of the California Civil Code, please Contact Us, or write us at the following address:
8547 E. Arapahoe Rd. J125
Greenwood Village, CO 80112