THEY WERE ON A BREAK! The “Friends” reunion is officially official!
“Friends” creators and cast members have been teasing a reunion for decades. But this time, it’s real. The “Friends” reunion is coming to HBO Max!
Here’s what we know so far:
- The whole cast— Jennifer Aniston, Courteney Cox, Lisa Kudrow, Matt LeBlanc, Matthew Perry and David Schwimmer — is reuniting. And get this: Variety reports that actors will be paid “at least $2.5 million apiece.”
- The special will be unscripted and will air on HBO Max, WarnerMedia’s direct-to-consumer streaming service.
- The reunion will air when HBO Max launches in May 2020- and it’ll also air all 236 episodes of “Friends,” to the relief of the fans that were distraught when it left Netflix at the end of 2019.
- The cast will be returning to the original soundstage, Stage 24, on the Warner Bros. Studios lot.
- The reunion special will be directed by, Ben Wilson, who will also executive produce with “Friends” executive producers Kevin Bright, Marta Kauffman, and David Crane.
- The reunion is a talk between the actors, not a new episode with the characters.
- There is no word on whether Joey finally learned French, so we’re keeping our ears out for a loud “Je des floop flee” just in case.
Our favorite Central Perk customers will are back! This Emmy-winning sitcom ran from 1994-2004 on NBC. Could we BE any luckier to get this reunion!?
Are you a diehard “Friends” fan? What have you heard about the big reunion? Tweet at @Starternoise to fill us in on anything we missed!
And don’t forget to keep up with us here at StarterNoise- your go-to for groundbreaking news!